Monday, November 21, 2011

Frenchie Onion Soup~pg. 191; Easy French Bread~pg. 269

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:


I have made this before and it is still delicious! I used "Better Than Bouillon No Beef Base" to give it a richer taste. But I added way too many onions. The recipe calls for 4 medium onions; I used 3 and it was still too many. We must grow 'em big out here! I strained the leftovers and threw away a bowlful of cooked onions. I'll remember that for next time and just use 1 regular onion. I don't like to put my bread in the soup so I served it on the side.  I made "Easy French Bread" on page 269 and it is easy and yummy. Nothing better than homemade bread hot from the oven. I love kneading the dough; it gets all my stress out!

Look at that awesome loaf of French bread!

I sliced the rest of the bread we didn't eat for supper and froze the slices on a cookie sheet. Then I put them in a freezer bag and I can take out just the amount of slices I need.

I broiled the French bread after spreading it with Earth Balance margarine, topped with garlic powder and Daiya mozzarella style shreds. I didn't eat all those onions in that soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment