Friday, November 18, 2011

Country Turnip Carrot Soup

From The Garden of Vegan ~pg. 81:


The picture doesn't do this soup justice. It is delicious; especially now that the weather is finally cooling off. It is chock full of turnips, carrots, potatoes and leeks. I served it with "Wolffie's 'Buttermilk' Cornbread" from La Dolce Vegan (my favorite-ever-cornbread). I'm not printing these recipes because you need to buy the cookbook! All of Sarah Kramer's cookbooks are excellent. I use them the most out of all my approx. 50 vegan cookbooks! Alot of the cookbooks use too many ingredients, unfamiliar or hard to find ingredients, are too time consuming or make too many servings so I usually go back to Sarah Kramer's cookbooks! On the days we just make a dessert I'm going to fill in with some of her recipes from her other cookbooks; it takes alot of guesswork out of what to make for supper!

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE THAT BOOK TOO.LET ME KNOW WHICH RECIPES YOU WILL BE DOING AND I'LL TRY TO DO THEM TOO AND TAKE PIC AND BLOG ABOUT IT !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valley Vegan: I'll post a list on my blog in the next few days of the recipes I'm making out of 'The Garden of Vegan'.

    ReplyDelete