Sunday, November 27, 2011

Emily's "Meat" Loaf~pg. 166; Carmelized Onion & Fennel Mashed Potatoes

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

I have this recipe permanently marked in my cookbook. I have made it several times; I use it when I miss having 'real' meatloaf. I like when people ask me if I can eat meat. My answer is "yes, I can eat meat, I just choose not to eat meat." I grew up eating meat and potatoes, cooking meat and potatoes and I still crave meat and potatoes. I chose to give up the meat for the animals, for the environment and for my health. I remind myself of that whenever I think about eating meat again. But I still eat potatoes!! I used a recipe in "The Garden of Vegan", pg. 116-Carmelized Onion & Fennel Mashed Potatoes. A tasty alternative to plain mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment