Sunday, October 30, 2011

Apricot "Cheesecake"~pg. 242

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

Homemade Graham Crackers (pg. 281)
I wanted to try making these for my crust and they were not on our scheduled calendar of recipes so now I can check these off my list! The recipe calls for graham flour which is hard to find so I just used whole wheat flour as the option. Of course they aren't as sweet as store-bought graham crackers and unless you live next to a huge health food chain vegan graham crackers are impossible to find. I didn't do a very good job making them look uniform and pretty since I knew I was going to crush them up anyway for my cheesecake. But whenever a recipe calls for graham cracker crumbs I will use these from now on. Easy to make!

My "cheesecake" chillin' out in the fridge.
(I made this on Saturday so it will be ready to eat on Sunday!)

I can die happy now-I finally found a non-dairy cheesecake that is worth eating! It is smooth and creamy and luscious. I didn't add the apricot glaze on top because I was afraid it would get gooey since we won't be eating this all at once.


My omnivore husband declares this delicious. He said you can't even tell the difference between a "real" cheesecake. I told him he can eat more of this than a "real" cheesecake because there are no animal fats so it's healthier for you (still extra calories though!)

1 comment:

  1. good idea making your own! I still had enough from my last trip to the city that I didn't need to make mine, but now that I know the recipe is worth it I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete