Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sara's Tangy Black Bean Salad~pg 76

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

As you can see, there are some pinto and kidney beans peeking out! I had some left over from the Mexican Burrito Pie we made last week. I hate to waste food, so I threw them in the freezer (in a container of course!) and decided to add them to this salad. There is always some variation of this salad wherever you go here in Arizona. I think some cilantro would be mighty tasty in it; I love cilantro in just about anything! Now my salad is just chillin' out in the fridge waiting for supper. I'm going to serve it with Gardein Crispy Tenders and Wolffie's Cornbread (see LDV page 268). The best cornbread Ever!

2 comments:

  1. you had me until Cilantro (just kiddin'). You always seem have the best side dishes to go with these recipes!

    Also I'm sort of addicted to those Gardein tenders ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel, those Gardein products are about the only way I can get my husband to eat vegan!

    ReplyDelete