Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 15 Soba Noodle Miso Soup~pg 103

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:
Nori and miso are not usually on my shopping list; this was one of the recipes I was dreading to try. But it tastes pretty good. I snipped my noodles into pieces because I hate trying to eat soup with long, stringy noodles hanging! Now what do I do with a whole pkg. of seaweed?! My omnivore husband probably will not like this-it's too far off the meat and potatoes path for him. Also, I did do an experiment on myself-I  made miso soup a long time ago and it seemed to make my skin itch; so I want to see if I have an allergic reaction again (I might be reaching for the Benedryl!) Miso and tempeh seem to bother me-it must be the fermentation process. We shall see!
Here is a closeup after garnishing with gomashio.

No comments:

Post a Comment