Friday, December 23, 2011

Tofu Chimichangas & Homemade Salsa

I have been wanting to make these forever and finally decided today was the day! This recipe is from The Garden of Vegan by Sarah Kramer & Tanya Barnard. The filling is a mixture of marinated tofu and refried beans. After baking the chimichangas I topped them with a little canned enchilada sauce and some homemade salsa. I served some chopped romaine lettuce and lime wedges on the side. Mmm! Mmm!Good! Now I just need some tequila!!

Dick's Salsa
2 cans 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, slightly drained
1 can 4 oz. green chilis
4-6 chopped green onions (to taste)
1/4-1/2 C. chopped cilantro (I like alot of cilantro!)
1/4 tsp. onion powder (or to taste)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (or to taste)
salt & pepper (to taste)
couple Tbsp. of white vinegar
couple Tbsp. of vegetable oil
    Combine all ingredients and serve chilled.

As you can see, this salsa can be made to your taste! I worked with Dick about 20 years ago and our company would have customer and employee dinners. Dick would make a roaster full of this salsa! The only change I made was to use fresh cilantro instead of dried. Dick is no longer with us; so thank you Dick, wherever you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment