Thursday, December 1, 2011

Best Ever Kale Salad!


I tried kale in a recipe a couple of years ago and it was bitter and disgusting! So it took me awhile to work up the nerve to try it again because I know it is so good for you. I found this recipe in Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's book, Vegan's Daily Companion. I have made this at least a dozen times. 

Massaged Kale Salad

The recipe includes onion, carrot, cherry tomatoes and quinoa. Instead of using oil for the dressing you massage half of an avocado along with apple cider vinegar, some lemon juice, garlic powder and Dijon mustard into the kale mixture. I always chop up the other half of the avocado and toss it in with the cherry tomatoes. This salad tastes even better the next day!



2 comments:

  1. THIS IS FUNNY I JUST BOUGHT THIS BOOK AND WAS LOOKING AT THIS RECIPE TODAY AND WAS THINKING ABOUT MAKING BECAUSE IT SOUNDED GOOD.NOW I WILL BE MAKING IT REALLY SOON SINCE YOU SAY IT'S WORTH MAKING THANKS KELLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valley Vegan: You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete