Friday, December 9, 2011

Pumpkin Tofu "Cheesecake"~pg. 244

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

Just wanted to re-post this since we were supposed to make this today. I wish I had a piece of this now!

We weren't supposed to make this recipe until Dec. 9th but I can't have Thanksgiving without something pumpkin-y! It was well worth it; creamy, pumpkin-y and delicious. I loved using the gingersnap cookies in the crust. The only thing I would change would be the 1/3 C. oil it called for to make the crust. It made a really big mess in my oven and it made an oily crust. Next time I will use a small amount of margarine instead. I substituted 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves. I also didn't use the 1 Tbsp. maple syrup on top; it was sweet enough without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment