Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shook 'n' Cook Tofu~pg. 57

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:


I was excited because I wanted to try out my new TofuxPress tofu press. It worked really well on water-packed tofu. You can't use it with silken tofu because it will fall apart. I don't like frying food; too messy. I used coconut oil to fry these and ate them while they were still hot. Didn't like the consistency of them, too mushy. They tasted better after they sat and cooled off!

Colcannon and Shook 'n' Cook Tofu

Of course I wanted to make this for St. Patrick's Day but I've been so busy I am a few days behind! The colcannon is made with Yukon Gold potatoes, kale and seitan. Another great recipe for kale. You can find the recipe here: http://veganyumyum.com/2007/10/colcannon/

No comments:

Post a Comment