Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tip-Top Tofu Loaf~pg. 154; Maryland's Kale

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

It seems like it's been forever since I've posted a recipe. I guess life happens. My niece's 'celebration of life' memorial was on Saturday and on Sunday we surprised my mother-in-law with an 80th birthday party. Lots and lots of people hugged and loved on for two days. I wasn't looking forward to making this 'loaf' again because I didn't really like it the last time. The flavor is good but the consistency and texture is like a spread for crackers. Plus, my poor hubby wouldn't eat it:(  I think he's got a mental block about tofu!


I served my "loaf" with roasted butternut squash (olive oil, coriander, cumin, cinnamon) and Maryland's Kale from Everyday Happy Herbivore by Lindsay S. Nixon. The kale recipe has Old Bay seasoning and fresh lemon-easy and delicious. When I ate everything together the tofu "loaf" tasted good. I'll just have to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment