Monday, September 16, 2013

Recipe "Re-do"


I thawed out some leftover Lentil Sloppy Joes for tonight. Still trying to clean out the freezer and pantry. Instead of eating it on buns I served the lentils over brown rice and quinoa. I also remade the Smoky Collard Greens with Vegan Bacon and I actually used collard greens this time.

The last time I made this recipe I mistakenly picked up Swiss chard instead of the collard greens. Picture evidence that I got the right greens this time! The collard greens take about 30 minutes of boiling time to cook and are then mixed in with the rest of the ingredients. This is the best recipe ever for collard greens (or Swiss chard!) I even used two bunches of greens and doubled the recipe.

Lentil Sloppy Joes over Brown Rice & Quinoa with 
Smoky Collard Greens with Vegan Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment