Thursday, September 12, 2013

Citrus, Black Pepper and Cheese Cauliflower


I love when I  search my cookbooks for a recipe to use up a veggie or another ingredient I have on hand; I feel so resourceful and economical. So I had exactly one cup of cauliflower florets in the fridge and this recipe from Betty Goes Vegan called for one cup of cauliflower florets. I probably never would have tried this recipe because it sounds so weird. 

Ingredients for the roasted cauliflower

 Everything but the cheese, nutritional yeast and fresh basil gets tossed together and roasted. The cheese is sprinkled on top and after baking, the nutritional yeast and basil are added. It calls for lemon and orange zest but I didn't have a fresh orange so I used some dried orange peel that I ground up finer in my coffee grinder. It worked perfectly! Ooh, being resourceful again. 



I'm going to double this recipe next time. I could have eaten the whole pan of this but I decided I better save half for the hubby!

4 comments:

  1. Looks good.

    I can't believe how much orange peel you have. I didn't even know you could store that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have dried orange and lemon peel. I use it in my herb tea mixtures. Now I found a new use for it!

      Delete
  2. Yum, sounds like a fun way to prepare cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This didn't make very much. I'm ready to buy some more cauliflower and make it again!

      Delete