Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Herbs in the Kitchen


Well, this is just one of those days where I don't feel like cooking! I thought I would share a few of the other things I like to concoct in the kitchen besides cooking and baking.



~ I love my view out of my kitchen window ~


This tea is delicious ice cold during the summer.



A wonderful aromatherapy mist from Tess Whitehurst's book Magical Housekeeping.



Teas that I make and put into teabags. You can buy fill and seal teabags from Mountain Rose Herbs.



Another aromatherapy spray from Tess Whitehurst.



A favorite bath salt blend for a good night's sleep.


Getting ready to send out an order.



Mmm~love the flavors of sassafras and jasmine.






Items I made for gift bags for family and friends last Christmas. It's time to start thinking of new items to make for this year! I have Joni Marie Newman's book Vegan Food Gifts. I might try to make an all food gift bag this time.



Love making hand rolled incense. Makes the house smell delightful!



Patchouli~so earthy smelling!



A deodorizing spray I made from a recipe I found on Facebook. 
I like to spray it around in my kitchen sink.

1 cup water
1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
40 drops orange essential oil
20 drops cedarwood essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
10 drops peppermint essential oil

Posting all of these pictures makes me want to go stir up some more good smelling stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment