Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn Equinox and Quinoa Salad


Aww-I missed posting yesterday. I was enjoying the first day of autumn! We were invited to a neighborhood potluck and it was such a nice, cool evening last night. It was still 80 degrees but better than 108! 


I just got The China Study Cookbook in the mail so I thought I would try a salad out of it to take to the potluck. I always like a good quinoa salad. 


Lemon Tahini Quinoa Salad

A nice, bright salad but it was a little bland tasting. I'm glad I had this to eat at the potluck because that was literally all I had to choose from other than some cooked pasta noodles with Italian dressing on them. Next time I'm going to bring a hot casserole dish with a little more substance. This salad tasted better the next day over some baby spinach and a little salad dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment