Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Waffles, Grandsons and Nachos


I had a surprise visit from my two favorite grandsons this morning. James, almost 3 and Max, almost 2.

Playing in the mud

 They kept going into the pantry to get snacks so I thought I would make them some waffles! They are bottomless pits when it comes to food. I've had this taped up on the inside of my kitchen cupboard 'forever.' I don't even remember where I got the recipe. But it's the best vegan waffle recipe I have tried.




A plate full of waffles! We were so excited to eat our waffles I forgot to take a picture after we topped them with Earth Balance margarine, mixed strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and maple syrup. Mmmm! They were a hit!


I was shopping at Sprouts yesterday and was so excited to see Daiya Jack wedge. They are expanding the store so I hope to see more yummy products soon. The wedge is so easy to grate into shreds. 



My semi-guilty pleasure~Nachos!
 Daiya cheddar and Jack cheese melted over organic yellow corn tortilla chips topped with jalapenos and dipped in Pace Picante sauce. 
I must have needed extra carbs today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment