Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"Anything Goes" Vegetable Stir-Fry~pg. 116

VegCookbookClub April recipes from How It All Vegan! by Sarah Kramer & Tanya Barnard:


Wow! What happened to March?! I guess I was taking an unwanted 'sickness' sabbatical-ugh! Every year beginning the middle of February and through March I manage to catch every bug out there. Finally I'm on the uphill side of it and ready to do some cooking again. I did keep up with my green juicing which helped my energy levels. 



I always love cooking from my favorite vegan cookbook author's cookbooks. La Dolce Vegan is still my go-to cookbook for easy, delicious meals.

Love one-pot meals! 
This is a very basic stir-fry; no exotic flavorings added. I mixed up a little sauce using hoisin, sambal oelek and tamari to add some flavor. For the 'anything goes' veggies I used red, yellow and orange bell peppers. I used Wildwood's SproutedTofu extra-firm; I really like the consistency of the tofu, it kept its shape and didn't crumble into mush. 


I served the stir-fry over some brown rice and added a little sriracha for some heat!





No comments:

Post a Comment