Friday, April 26, 2013

Vegan Sloppy Joes~pg 112

VegCookbookClub April recipes from How It All Vegan! by Sarah Kramer & Tanya Barnard:


I had made these a long time ago and didn't care for the seasonings; too salty. I like my sloppy joes a little sweeter. I had a package of soy curls I hadn't tried using yet so I decided to try this recipe again and tweak a few things. Instead of using a large pickle (I assume it's a dill, she didn't specify) I used 2 Tbsp. of sweet pickle relish. After rehydrating the soy curls, I cut them up into smaller pieces. I tasted the mixture after simmering for awhile and decided it needed some more flavor so I added about 1/4 cup of Annie's BBQ sauce. Just right! I love the texture and taste of the soy curls in this; better than using crumbled TVP. Served my Sloppy Joes with some sweet potato fries. This recipe made alot so I froze the remaining mixture for a future quick meal. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. First time I've used them. I had to order them online but they were worth it.

      Delete