Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rise 'N' Shine Granola~pg 48

VegCookbookClub April recipes from How It All Vegan! by Sarah Kramer & Tanya Barnard:

I almost forgot to post another recipe; where did the month go?! We're already hitting the 100 degree mark here in sunny Arizona. No! I'm not ready yet.


I always like to have some homemade granola on hand. It's not only great with soymilk and berries for breakfast but I love it with soy yogurt or just eating it plain as a snack.


I left out the optional carob/cocoa powder and used ground flax seeds instead of whole. For my sweetener I used turbinado raw cane sugar; it gave it a nice little crunch. 

3 comments:

  1. I've made those granola at least 50 times! At one point I knew all the ingredients and quantities by heart! They are good, and even better with soy yogourt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I've had this cookbook for so long and haven't made a lot of the recipes in it. I focused more on La Dolce Vegan-which has great recipes, too!

      Delete
    2. I agree, LDV is really awesome and I've cooked from it more than from HIAV. I make the noochy sauce all the time.

      Delete