Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Make Ya Go Bran Muffins~pg. 50

VegCookbookClub April recipes from How It All Vegan! by Sarah Kramer & Tanya Barnard:



The recipe stated it made 6-8 muffins. She must have really large muffin pans! 
My recipe made a dozen.



These are very dense and hearty. I don't know if they 'make ya go' but I think they could be used for a doorstop! I used half wheat bran and half oat bran. They taste better when I reheat them and add Earth Balance margarine and some Bee Free Honee and then I have to use a fork because they're so crumbly. Won't be making these again. Sarah has a much better bran muffin recipe in "La Dolce Vegan".

2 comments:

  1. Oh My, I've seen this recipe many times and thought Make Ya Go was some sort of name... never thought of saying it out loud in my head to get the pun.

    I wish I could find bee free honee where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered the BeeFree Honee from http://www.veganessentials.com/

      Delete