Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fajitas

Well, I had fruit salad and potatoes made from the LDV Challenge so I needed something else. I had half a bag of Gardein Beefless Tips in the freezer so I decided to make some fajitas!
 
 
Here is the recipe I came up with:
 
Fajitas
1/2 bag Gardein Beefless Tips
juice from one lime
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. oil
3 sweet red mini peppers, sliced
10-12 oz. bag frozen vegetable and bean mix (cooked until crisp/tender)
flour tortillas
Daiya shredded cheddar
cilantro, chopped
hot sauce
 
*Put Tips in medium bowl; add lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and oil. Let marinate in fridge for about an hour. Take scissors and snip Tips into smaller pieces. Heat large skillet and saute' the Tips, marinade and mini peppers for 4-5 minutes. Add veg. and bean mix and cook and stir until heated through. Top flour tortilla with fajita mixture and garnish with Daiya cheddar, cilantro and hot sauce. Roll up and eat! Yum! The LDV Spiced Potatoes are a tasty addition inside the tortilla, too. Makes enough for 5-6 fajitas depending on size of tortillas.
 
I know the picture is kind of boring and blah but it all tasted good together. I'm not claiming to be a professional photographer anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment