Friday, August 24, 2012

Baked Tofu

I had some water-packed tofu in the fridge that was getting ready to expire so I needed to find something to do with it. I had never made baked tofu before so I thought I would try the "Soy-Glazed Tofu" from 1000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson.

 
I used my trusty little TofuXpress:


I've only used it twice now; you can't use it with silken tofu and that's the kind I usually buy. I need to put this to more use since it wasn't cheap!

 
After marinating the pressed tofu for 30 minutes then I baked it for 30 minutes. I tried a piece and whew-was it salty. I'm glad I made that bland tasting rice to go with this!

 
Soy-Glazed Tofu over Quick Vegetable Rice
I also made my favorite vegan ranch dressing from Veganize This! by Jenn Shagrin. The baked tofu tasted alot better when eating it with the rice. Now I'm going to have to try some different baked tofu recipes to see which one I like best.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment