Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chili Stir-Fry

Here's another post-surgery quick and easy meal! In the past I've either used baked potatoes or brown rice and topped it with canned chili, cheese and onions. Now I just dump it all in one pan-LOL!


Well, first I had about a pound of baby spinach that I needed to use so here is the recipe:

Chili Stir-Fry
approx. 1 lb. organic baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic in jar, or minced fresh garlic
salt & pepper to taste
2 C. pre-cooked brown rice (I had a packet of Uncle Ben's)
1 can Amy's Organic Spicy Vegan Chili
Daiya Cheddar Shreds
chopped onion  

Saute' the spinach and garlic in olive oil until slightly wilted. Add rice, chili and salt & pepper to taste. Mix well, cover and simmer until heated through. Serve in bowl topped with Daiya cheddar and chopped onion.


   Of course I like mine even spicier so I added a little Sambal Oelek (chili paste) on top. That condiment is quickly replacing my other favorite hot topping-sriracha sauce!

I usually prefer to make fresh meals instead of opening cans and packets but I'm just thankful my pantry was well-stocked before surgery. Can't wait to start cooking up some more labor-intensive, fresh, healthy meals. Gee, I never thought I would say that!


No comments:

Post a Comment