Monday, February 4, 2013

Sweet Potato Tacos~pg. 62

VegCookbookClub February recipes from Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau:

Before I get into this month's cookbook I had to share some goodies I just got in the mail-



Just had to try the new The Vegg Vegan Egg Yolk, vegan bacon bits, Bee Free Honee and soy curls. So far I've only used the honee. I tried it on some cornbread; it has a thicker consistency like honey with just a slight hint of apples and more flavor than using plain agave. The only ingredients in it are apple juice concentrate, water, beet sugar and lemon juice; even my hubby likes it. I'm going to try making some french toast with the vegan egg yolk and for the soy curls (which I've never used) a stuffed peppers recipe I found at http://thatwasvegan.com . I'll let you know how everything turns out!

 Lots of great recipes in here!


ORANGE
Since I had a couple of sweet potatoes I opted to make the Tacos recipe first. I wasn't too sure how these would turn out with the flavor and texture but they were delicious! Another thumbs up from the hubby. I served the taco mixture on a warmed corn tortilla with chopped cilantro and Sesame Roasted Asparagus from La Dolce Vegan. 

Here is another recipe I have made previously from Color Me Vegan: Spanish Squash Saute'~pg. 124





No comments:

Post a Comment