Friday, February 8, 2013

Quick Curried Swiss Chard~pg 32; Coconut Rice~pg 176

VegCookbookClub February recipes from Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau:

Well, the flu bug caught me. I'm getting over it pretty quickly by green juicing, eating vegan and using my herbs and essential oils along with some breathing treatments and positive thinking! I even felt like cooking last night-too bad it wasn't a hit with me or my hubby. 

RED
I added the chopped chard stems to my sauteeing onions. 
Look at the beautiful red color!


WHITE/TAN
I used jasmine rice and full fat coconut milk for the Coconut Rice. We enjoyed the flavor of the rice so tonight I'm making a stir-fry to use the leftovers. The swiss chard recipe was too sweet. Now I'm thinking it's the soymilk I used. I have always used Silk Unsweetened Organic and now I noticed that the label says "new great taste!" Well, it's not great. I want my old soymilk taste back :(   I might have to try almond or rice milk and test the recipe out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment