Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hot Tamale Pie~pg. 92

VegCookbookClub February recipes from Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau:

Ooh, I'm so excited! I just got the Betty Goes Vegan cookbook in the mail today! It's a great big cookbook just like the original Betty Crocker cookbook. I want to cook out of that one next month!


YELLOW

~simmering the bean mixture~


I just noticed that the recipe called for 1 Tbsp lemon juice but the directions didn't say where to use it! Oh well, it turned out okay. A little mild for my taste but I added lots of chopped cilantro on top and some hot sauce. Also, this made a huge 9x13 pan. That's alot of leftovers me and hubby have to eat! I've found a few other mistakes in the recipes. Has anyone else had that problem? I need to see if they printed an errata for them. I probably won't make this one again. Sarah Kramer's cookbook 'La Dolce Vegan' has a better recipe for this type of casserole. I did serve it with my all-time favorite 'Massaged Kale Salad' from Colleen's 'Vegan Daily Companion'; love that recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment