Thursday, February 16, 2012

Monday Morning Muesli~pg. 46

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:


I'll call this "Thursday" morning muesli! These recipes are basically a challenge for myself since it seems just about everyone has given up on the challenge. I'm going to use a different cookbook and do this again next year. It keeps me from being apathetic around dinnertime and it keeps me eating healthy. This recipe called for the following:
3 C rolled oat flakes (used 1 1/2 C)
1/2 C wheat germ (didn't use-my wheat germ was rancid)
1/2 C sesame seeds (didn't use-too many sesame seeds make me itch)
1/2 C sunflower seeds (used 1/4 C)
1/4 C pumpkin seeds (used 1/8 C)
1/2 C nuts, roughly chopped (used 1/4 C slivered almonds)
1 C dried fruit (used 1/2 C cranberries)
*I added 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed

I'm not too sure about eating oats without cooking them-but that is what muesli is as opposed to granola which has been baked or roasted. Learn something new every day! I think I will add some water to mine and make some oatmeal or try stirring some into soy yogurt. Time for breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. HI KELLY
    I AM FEELING BETTER! I AM STILL IN THE CHALLENGE I HAVE DONE SOME OF THE RECIPES BUT WAS WAITNG TO BLOG WHEN I GET THEM ALL DONE IN THE RIGHT ORDER ,
    I AGREE WITH YOU ON DOING A HEALITHER COOKBOOK NEXT TIME AND I AM GIVING UP ON THE SWEET RECIPES TOO BECAUSE EVERYTIME I END UP EATING LOTS OF SUGAR I GET A VIRUS OR COLD .IF I HAVE A POTLUCK TO GO TO I MIGHT DO THE SWEETS BUT OTHER WISE I HAVE TO SAY NO
    I LIKE DR.MCDOUGALL COOKBOOKS AND DR,NEIL BARNARD AND JOEL FURHAM MAYBE WE CAN PICK ONE OF THOSE NEXT TIME WHAT DO YOU THINK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you back and feeling well! Yeah, the sugar does me in if I overindulge-I always have a migraine headache the next day. I still will eat a little though! I like the Happy Herbivore cookbooks,too. She doesn't use any extra oil either.

      Delete