Saturday, September 29, 2012

Southern-Style Green Beans

Finishing up the month of September with a few more from The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester. October's cookbook is Chloe's Kitchen. Can't wait to try out some of her recipes! Join in the fun here at the VegCookBook Club.  My local Sprouts market is getting more and more organic vegetables and they had these lovely green beans.


I like my green beans either roasted or cooked really well. I don't like crunchy beans. These need to cook at least 2 hours to get rid of that bitter green crunchiness.  Anyway, this recipe has liquid smoke and cajun seasoning in it. Mmm mmm~ they tasted just like my grandma used to make (of course she used bacon in hers). Who needs the bacon? The liquid smoke and cajun spice makes these pig free and delicious! My hubby really liked them. He was eating them with his fingers out of the slow cooker. Now I have two ways to cook green beans-roast and slow cook!


No comments:

Post a Comment