Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chorizo and Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole

Made my first recipe out of The Vegan Slow Cooker tonight. It's this month's cookbook chosen by the vegcookbookclub.

 
 

 
I cooked my casserole for 2 hours on high and it was done. Then I just had to add some Daiya cheddar shreds on top. I turned the slow cooker on warm and let the cheddar melt.
 

 
I served the casserole with some leftover spanish rice I had made the night before and some fresh, cool green salad. The casserole was rather spicy because of the soyrizo and the enchilada sauce I used. I added some vegan sour cream on top to cool things off a little bit after I took the pic. I like spicy food but my poor hubby might have trouble with this one! I think this will taste even better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment