Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cousin Natasha's Everything But the Kitchen Sink Vegetable Curry~pg. 143

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

Still trying to finish up a few dishes from my La Dolce Vegan Challenge which I started a little over a year ago. I've made this recipe before and my hubby thought it was a little too spicy; so I adjusted the curry powder and cayenne just for him. Of course, then I had to add a little sriracha sauce to mine! Now I've found a new cookbook challenge: VegCookBookClub They choose a vegan cookbook to cook out of for a month. Since I have about 50 vegan cookbooks I thought this should work. :) This month the club chose The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester. I admit I went out and bought a 2 qt. and 4 qt. slow cooker since I only had a large 6 qt. Most of her recipes are cooked in a 4 qt. There are no set recipes to cook, you just choose some and then post a pic and comment. It's nice to read the reviews of some of the recipes everyone tries. So that's next on my list. Just got to get to the grocery store so I can make my first slow cooker recipe!

Curry simmering on the stove~smells delicious! This recipe is great because just like the title says you can throw everything but the kitchen sink in it. I subbed out the red pepper for a green and the zucchini for a large yellow summer squash. Can't wait to try some more variations.
 

 
Served my curry over some couscous!

No comments:

Post a Comment