Monday, December 10, 2012

Coconut Butternut Squash Soup

VegCookbookClub December recipes from Nava Atlas-Vegan Holiday Kitchen:

 
Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted anything. I've just been cooking old stand-bys and frozen vegan convenience foods. This is what I have been busy doing: Having fun making lots of good-smelling things ~ seasoning mixes; herb teas; bath salts; aromatherapy sprays; dream pillows; herb sachets and incense. Other than cooking and baking, this is my passion!
 
 
 
So now I finally got around to making a recipe from this month's cookbook. I'm glad butternut squash has a long shelf life because I have had it sitting on my counter for awhile!

 
I didn't pre-cook the squash; I just peeled and cubed it and added about 10 minutes to the cooking time.  I also used full fat coconut milk-oops! I wasn't going to cook the garnish but I'm glad I did. I used a new ingredient that I have never bought before -arugula! I loved it raw on my bean burritos and I thought I would try it cooked with the sauteed red onions for my garnish instead of the kale. It was delicious! It added some texture to the smooth and creamy soup. I quickly added it to my grocery list for my next shopping trip. Can't wait to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment