Sunday, December 23, 2012

Chocolate-Orange Cake

VegCookbookClub December recipes from Nava Atlas-Vegan Holiday Kitchen:

 
I bought this awesome Yule log pan by Nordicware and wanted to make a cool Yule log cake for the Winter Solstice Friday. It looks beautiful but I think you could actually sacrifice this Yule log cake on the fire as a real log! Hee, hee-I need to figure out how to bake in the pan next time. The cake flavors are wonderful but I had to bake it for over an hour to get the middle of the cake done. By then the outside was brick hard. Someone told me to wrap wet terrycloth around the pan to keep the edges from getting so done. I'll have to do a little research and try it again. I do want to make the cake recipe again using a regular Bundt pan. I love orange and chocolate together.


No comments:

Post a Comment