Thursday, December 13, 2012

Spiced Southern Tofu Wrap

I was just browsing through my cookbooks looking for a particular seasoning blend recipe and found this recipe I had marked in Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston. There are so many great vegan recipes I've made in the past that I want to make again. So many recipes, so little time. It was lunchtime and I was hungry and I knew I had everything to make this...and I love the flavors in it!

 
The recipe calls for 2 cups spinach but I thought I would try my new favorite green-arugula! She also includes a recipe for the "Steak" Seasoning. It's a great blend to have on hand when you want to add a little kick to something. You toss the sauteed tofu with some lemon zest and juice, capers and the greens.

 


 
I wrapped my mixture in some warmed up Food for Life's Sprouted Grain Tortillas. The arugula was a hit. It added to the lemony, peppery, spicy flavor of these wraps. We're watching the grandkids tonight so it will be frozen vegan chick'n nuggets, Amy's vegan mac & cheese and some mandarin oranges-their favorite! Can't think about cooking when I'm chasing after a one-year old and a two-year old. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment