Friday, August 2, 2013

Zucchini Apple Bread ~ pg. 326

VegCookbookClub August recipes from Betty Goes Vegan by Annie & Dan Shannon:


I'm so excited we're cooking out of this cookbook this month! I don't know why it appeals to me so. Maybe it reminds me of my grandma and mom and watching and helping them cook in their kitchens. And I love the movie Julie/Julia. It just makes me want to cook through the entire book! We're heading to Sedona again but I'm taking this cookbook with me and try and do some cooking or at least enjoy reading through all of the delightful stories and recipes.




I wanted to make some bread to honor Lammas, the first of the season's harvest festivals and this recipe sounded perfect. It has zucchini, Granny Smith apple, applesauce, walnuts and uses whole wheat flour.





I used the convection setting on my oven for a cool kitchen and these loaves still took almost an hour to bake. I cooled them completely and then wrapped them in foil like she suggested and stored them in the refrigerator. After they chilled, I sliced the loaves. Moist and delicious, and it is better if you keep these in the fridge. I love the addition of the Granny Smith apple for a little bit of texture and extra flavor.


Even my grandsons loved this bread and got their veggies, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment