Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts ~ pg. 336

VegCookbookClub August recipes from Betty Goes Vegan by Annie & Dan Shannon:



Ok, the first attempt to make donuts was Not a Success!! I was so intrigued by all the doughnut recipes she has in the cookbook and the beautiful doughnut pictures that I even bought some mini and regular size doughnut pans. The recipe says it makes 2 dozen donuts so I thought great! I'll buy 2 pans and get them baked all at once. But oh no, the recipe made enough for 4 dozen donuts! I tried using a plastic pastry bag that I cut the end off of and that was the gloopiest mess I have ever made with a batter. She said to fill the doughnut rings halfway full so I did. Then I baked them 5 minutes-in between the 4 to 6 minutes recommended. Not enough; added another minute; nope; another minute; ugh. After 8 minutes these were still doughy and gummy inside. Hmmm! The only thing I can think of that I did wrong is my arrowroot powder was really old. Other than that, I don't know. I'm not going to waste any more ingredients making the glaze for these. So, I'm going to try a different doughnut recipe (and maybe some new arrowroot powder) she has and see if I have better results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment