Sunday, April 19, 2015

French Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Chard

Second recipe from One-Dish Vegan! The only thing I don't like about this cookbook is that there are no pictures. I like to get a finished look before I dive in and make something. So far, two out of two recipes have been winners. I love making dishes that incorporate some kind of greens in them; this one has Swiss chard. 


Simmering the lentils and sweet potatoes in some vegetable broth and white wine. It smells wonderful with the garlic, onion, thyme, and wine. 



I usually never keep wine at home because I'm allergic to the sulfites. This recipe calls for 1/2 cup of white wine so I bought some Frey wine which has no added sulfites. I tried drinking a glass while I was cooking and even one glass causes me to flush and get hot! Ugh! At least I wasn't sneezing and itching. Anyway, the wine gave this dish a rich, sweet flavor that it needed. 


~ French Lentils with Sweet Potatoes and Chard ~

My Vitajuwel pitcher soaking up some sun! I have the Wellness vial which has amethyst, rose quartz, and rock quartz in it. Love drinking my water after it has been vitalized with the crystals. 


2 comments:

  1. can i leave a review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of the Vitajuwel water bottle, check out Gemstone Well Crystal Water Bottle as its seems much safer from contaminating your water.

    ReplyDelete