Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Almond Bulgur w/Black Beans, Tomatoes, & Kale

Hmm ~ I've had this cookbook for quite awhile now and this is the first recipe I have made out of it. Could I possibly have too many cookbooks?! Never! I have a list of recipes to try now out of this one. Have I mentioned I love one dish meals?!  The only ingredient I needed to buy was some almond butter. I try to keep peanut butter out of my pantry; too tempting with some jam and bread. 



The sauteing onion and spices smell heavenly ~ smoked paprika, black pepper, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I love all those "c" spices! 


Black beans, kale, green onions, tomatoes, and bulgur soaked in vegetable broth. 
A mixture of almond butter and lemon juice is stirred in after cooking. 


Don't forget the toasted almonds on top. The dish needs their crunchiness. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment