Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Baked Rotini & Arugula Puttanesca

I'm still finding recipes to make out of One-Dish Vegan. This one was in the section "oven to table" which I didn't realize. It takes a little more effort to put this together. A lot of in and out of the oven adding stuff. The pasta is cooked with hot water in a covered dish in the oven and cooked for 10 minutes (that's an accident waiting to happen!) then you add tomato and arugula mix and cook for 10 minutes and then you add the bean sauce mix and olives and cook another 10 minutes. Hmmm~ would have been easier on the stove-top. 


Lots of easy pantry items for the puttanesca. 


Chopped arugula and six cloves of garlic. Yum!


Fresh chopped basil, kalamata olives, capers, and green olives. 


This makes a big pan of pasta! Before I added the bean mix I had to dump it into my big lasagna pan (another pot to wash!) 

 ~ Baked Rotini & Arugula Puttanesca ~
~The finished product~ 
tangy and spicy puttanesca. 


For the second night of leftovers with the puttanesca I made my favorite broccoli salad to go with the pasta. Broccoli Salad from Give Them Something Better. This is reminiscent of the bacon-laden broccoli salad my grandma made when I was growing up.



Time to get some more Bac-Uns! These are so much better tasting and looking than the red-dyed bits you find in the grocery store. I buy these at my Sprouts market. 

~ Broccoli Salad ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment