Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Fishless Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema and Kale Salad

I was so excited to see this package of organic kale salad at Fry's. There is even a simple dressing recipe on the back; sweet and sour with rice vinegar and sugar. I added extra lemon to make it more tangy. 


Oooh, Gardein fishless filets! Target store carries a lot of meatless products. I knew I had to make some 'fish' tacos. So easy. 


I adapted a non-vegan recipe I found for a tasty Lime-Cilantro crema to top my fishless tacos. 


LIME-CILANTRO CREMA;
1/4 C thinly sliced green onions
1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tbsp Vegenaise
3 Tbsp vegan sour cream
1 tsp grated lime peel
1 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, minced
***combine all ingredients and use as topping for fishless tacos. 



I used a plain old white flour tortilla as my wrapper; layered two fishless filets, shredded cabbage, sliced mini peppers and some Lime-Cilantro Crema. I also added a few dashes of chipotle pepper sauce to mine.

~ Fishless Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Crema and Kale Salad ~ 
Yum!! The hubby really liked these; he said I could make this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment