Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tater Tot Casserole

This is the first new cookbook I've bought this year! I'm so proud of myself but I couldn't hold out any longer. I love the recipes in here. Easy, recognizable ingredients and lots of photos. 


I knew the first recipe I had to try was the Tater Tot Casserole. I grew up on those little processed spuds! I did buy organic Cascadian Farms Spud Puppies for this; so they're a little healthier. There are a few steps to this recipe before you can put it all together and get it in the oven. First, I had to make my Savory Broth Mix which will be used in future dishes. 


The Savory Broth Mix has 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes and thirteen other spices and seasonings in it! You whirl it all up in the blender and it makes about a cup. 






The next step is preparing the soy curls. They simmer in the Savory Broth, drained and then are browned in a little oil. 


A sauce is made with onions, soymilk and a tablespoon of the Savory Broth Mix. Then it all gets mixed together with the soy curls and some peas and topped with the tater tots. This makes a big 9x13 pan so we have plenty of leftovers. 


Mmm! mmm! A yummy, meaty down-home casserole. The hubby loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment