Friday, June 27, 2014

Brownies & Pasta

Trying a few more new recipes the past few days. I did make a favorite Brussels sprouts recipe from Chloe's Kitchen, "Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts (pine nuts)". I love the crispy bits of Brussels sprouts! 

~ Espresso Brownies ~

The Espresso Brownies from La Dolce Vegan were scrumptious! The recipe calls for a shot of espresso and since I don't have an espresso machine I just mixed up some instant with 1 1/2 oz. hot water and 2 tsp. of the espresso powder. It gave these brownies a deep, rich chocolate mocha flavor. I frosted them with the Chocolate Cake Glaze recipe from LDV. They were even better with some So Delicious Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean ice cream! 



~ Pasta with Greens, Chickpeas & Olives ~

This pasta dish is from Wild About Greens, by Nava Atlas. So many ways to use all kinds of greens in this cookbook. I used Swiss chard along with garlic, red bell pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas and kalamata olives to make a hearty dish. A sprinkle of some red pepper flakes gives it a nice spicy taste. It is garnished with some toasted pine nuts and chopped fresh basil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment