Sunday, June 8, 2014

Fast & Fresh Tomato Sauce & My Favorite Kale Salad


I try to keep kale, cherry tomatoes, avocado, carrots and onions in my fridge so I can always make my favorite kale salad when the mood strikes me! It also has a 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa mixed in. 
The recipe is in Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's Vegan's Daily Companion. It tastes even better the next day.




I had these six ripe organic tomatoes that were begging to be eaten so I went to my trusty La Dolce Vegan cookbook for an easy recipe. The Fast & Fresh Tomato Sauce is simply that-"fast and fresh."

Chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic and some spices simmered for about 20 minutes.

My basil plant taking over my kitchen window.

My rosemary taking over the other side of the window.

These Gardein meatless meatballs are the best veggie meatballs I have tried so far. They're really meaty, spicy and hold together well and they are huge! You only need two meatballs per person. 


I served the Tomato Sauce over some fettuccine and topped it with fresh basil and some vegan parmesan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment