Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Black Beans

I never cook beans from dried; I just always use canned. I had exactly enough dried black beans to make this recipe. I wanted to cook them up and cool them down so I could stock my freezer. 


Cute little black beans.
I used the Quick Soak method.You put the beans in a large pot, add water to cover beans and bring to a boil. Let the water boil about 2 minutes, then remove from heat, cover, and let soak for about an hour. Then proceed with cooking the beans. 


This recipe has onion, green bell pepper, chicken style seasoning, cumin, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, salt, canned diced tomatoes and lemon juice. I used fire roasted with green chilis canned tomatoes for a little extra heat. I love these freezer containers. Each one holds 4 cups which is just enough for a meal. I'll be serving these black beans with some cornbread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment