Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Baked Ziti~pg. 160

VegCookbookClub May recipes from Vegan on the Cheap by Robin Robertson:

This is one of those recipes you can make when you just don't feel like cooking. I even used bottled marinara sauce instead of making my own. The only pasta I had was some gluten-free that I wanted to try. The GF pastas that I've tried in the past always turn to mush; so I thought I would try a different brand. No luck; still mushy. Oh well, I'll just put up with a little intestinal discomfort to enjoy some good old wheat pasta from now on. 

I substituted my own "Italian Seasoning" for all of the herbs the recipe calls for. There are lots of great herb blends in the cookbook Herb Mixtures & Spicy Blends. I used about 3 tsp. of the seasoning blend.




The last 10 minutes I uncovered the casserole and added shredded Daiya mozzarella and sprinkled some Vegan Parmesan Cheese on top. 


Baked Ziti with steamed broccoli and Faux Parmesan garlic bread. I use the Faux Parmesan recipe from How It All Vegan. It makes great garlic bread! You can see the pasta is just a pile of mush but it still tasted good! 

2 comments:

  1. Pasta with vegan cheese, broccoli and garlic bread. Can't get any better than that!

    It must be fun to have a cookbook for spice blends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love playing with different herbs and spices!

      Delete