Friday, May 17, 2013

Indian-Spiced Lentil Ragu~pg. 139

VegCookbookClub May recipes from Vegan on the Cheap by Robin Robertson:

Finally can get back in my kitchen to cook after having new tile installed! Yay! Every square inch of my kitchen has been cleaned and dusted but it was worth it to have a floor. We've been walking on painted concrete for three years now. 


Any recipe that uses curry powder, coriander, cumin and fresh ginger is a hit with me! The aroma of this dish while simmering is mouthwatering. Even after washing up the pots and pans and putting away the leftovers the scent lingers. Hmmm, maybe someone needs to bottle that scent. I added chopped yellow and orange bell peppers along with the onion and used fresh spinach instead of frozen. I also had a can of roasted diced tomatoes that gave it an extra smoky flavor. I served my Lentil Ragu over some jasmine rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment