Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Roasted Pepper Salsa

roasted mini peppers

I had a huge bag of red, yellow and orange mini peppers I needed to use up and I found this recipe on the back of the bag. I had never roasted peppers before so I thought I would give it a try. Using mini peppers it takes awhile to remove the skins after they've roasted! A good time for pondering things :) It was worth the effort; the salsa is delicious.

1 (2 lb) bag sweet mini peppers (or 2 lb of regular size red, yellow & orange peppers)
4 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. black pepper
4 C. sliced green olives (I only used about 2 C. green olives)
1 C. capers (I used about 1/2 C. capers)
4 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

Rinse and dry peppers and lightly toss with a Tbsp. olive oil. Roast peppers on pan under broiler. I turned the peppers about every 4 minutes so every side was roasted. Remove skin, slice off tips and remove any seeds. Cut peppers length-wise into strips. Mix 4 Tbsp olive oil and rest of ingredients with the peppers.


No comments:

Post a Comment