Sunday, March 16, 2014

White Beans with Swiss Chard and Rice

I decided not to participate in the Vegcookbookclub this month so I'm working on making some of the recipes I've had on my list for awhile. And, once again, I'm cleaning out my pantry, fridge and freezer. I've got lots of grains, beans and legumes I need to use up. This recipe is from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's Vegan's Daily Companion.

Sauteing chard and onions. 



The recipe calls for 5 cups of vegetable stock. I love to use this Better Than Bouillon No Chicken Base. It is a lighter, more "chickeny" flavor than the darker vegetable stocks. This is more convenient than using a carton of vegetable broth. Sometimes I don't use it all and then it just goes to waste. With this bouillon you just mix up the amount you need and store the jar in the refrigerator. I have been able to find the Vegetable flavor at my Sprouts store but for the No Chicken flavor I have to order it online. 



Swiss chard, onion, garlic, beans and rice. So easy and so delicious! The hubby gave this one a thumbs-up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment