Saturday, March 22, 2014

Noodles and Greens

Looking for recipes to use my new shipment of udon and soba noodles from Eden Foods and I found this one in Vegan Vittles by Jo Stepaniak. I've had this cookbook a long time and I still keep finding great recipes to make out of it. I'm challenging myself to not buy any new cookbooks! I've got so many that I have never even used yet. That's part of my New Year's resolution; I'm focusing on reading all of the books I have stashed in cupboards, bookcases and drawers and not buying any new ones. I've been using my local library again, too. So far, I've done really well. Yay! 





This is such an easy recipe, yet so tasty! The recipe calls for collard greens or you can substitute kale. I had some lacinato kale I used this time because I couldn't find any organic collard greens at the store. Instead of umeboshi vinegar I used plain rice vinegar. I've never tried the umeboshi but the rice vinegar worked just fine. Instead of the smoked tofu I used Cajun Baked Tofu. You shred it in the food processor and top the noodles and veggies with it. It was nice and spicy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment