Saturday, February 22, 2014

Roasted Asparagus & Quinoa Salad

Vegcookbookclub February:

This month we're cooking out of Colleen Patrick-Goudreau's cookbooks. Since February is almost over I thought I better get some posting done! These two recipes are from The Vegan Table

~ Pan-Fried (or Roasted) Asparagus with Lime Juice ~


The recipe gives you the option to roast the asparagus instead of pan-fried. Much tastier roasted! Lots of crispy bits of garlic and shallots and a squeeze of lime juice instead of the usual lemon. I've got some more asparagus in the fridge; I think I'll have to make this one again tonight!

~ Toasted Quinoa with Raisins and Slivered Almonds ~


My first clue that this makes alot is the 2 cups raw quinoa. Duh! But I went ahead and followed the recipe and had lots and lots of quinoa salad. Thankfully, it was very tasty but I ended up throwing some of it away and I hate doing that. I like the addition of the raisins to give it a little sweetness. 






No comments:

Post a Comment