Sunday, June 30, 2013

Triple Ginger Gingersnaps

As many times as I've made these scrumptious cookies I can't believe I haven't posted them before! The recipe is from VegNews Sept./Oct. 2010 issue by Beverly Lynn Bennett at veganchef.com. She doesn't have this recipe on her website so I can't link it to share. :( I found the digitalized version of the recipe from VegNews! It's on page 70. I get requests to make these around the winter holidays; I have even given plates of them for birthday gifts. I'm going to a brunch tomorrow and wanted to bring something sweet and spicy. I used the convection setting on my oven so my kitchen wouldn't heat up too much and I can put both trays of cookies in the oven at the same time; and 10 minutes later ~




These babies have dried ginger, grated fresh ginger, chopped crystallized ginger (Triple Ginger!), black pepper, cinnamon, allspice and molasses in them. After you eat one they leave a nice spicy bite at the back of your throat. (if you're into that kind of thing-he he!)

No comments:

Post a Comment